Aluminum-based light alloys have a well-established reputation for low weight, reliability, strength, durability, and versatility, which is why they are widely used in a variety of industries, including automotive, construction, and mechanical engineering. These alloys are among the preferred materials for the production of lightweight parts, because of their performance, precision, but also regularity and homogeneity of manufacture. Moulds are created from the impression of the part to be produced before they are used to accommodate the alloys in their liquid state. The melting point of light alloys is relatively low, which makes it possible to use the molds permanently. The lightness of the parts, but also their degree of electrical and thermal conductivity, their resistance to rust, their mechanical strength..., and more generally their physical, mechanical and/or chemical characteristics depend on the uses for which they are designed, but also on other factors such as the nature of the various components of the aluminium alloy, the micrographic structure, the nominal composition, the balance between the various solid phases...
Specialized in aluminum and other light alloys casting, AB Fonderie is distinguished by its great adaptability, which allows it to meet the specific requirements of its customers by relying on its know-how in aluminum casting:
- prototyping before production on a larger scale, requiring a control of the functionalities and performances of the future parts, but also of their reliability and quality, in addition to an estimation of the financial and technical feasibility of their future production;
- production of industrial parts in small and medium series for the supply of assembly lines, stocks of supplies or spare parts requiring a very high precision realization.
When you work with AB Foundry, you can be sure :
- to collaborate with a collective of companies gathering 3 interdependent companies which make you benefit from a broad range of technologies and competences for your project of manufacture of parts in aluminium alloys;
- Cooperate with a team of 50 technicians who demonstrate a high level of reactivity and a real know-how capitalized since 1999;
- Take advantage of the support from A to Z, in addition to efficient and customized technical solutions for aluminum casting;
- be guaranteed delivery of the castings within a maximum of 6 weeks.
To make your parts, AB Fonderie uses 2 molding methods:
- Gravity die-casting (filling a metal mold for the production of small parts from 50 g to 10 kg, for series of 100 to 1,000 units).
- The injection of aluminum under pressure in a mold (a process similar to plastic injection for the production of precision parts ranging from 20 g to 1 kg, for series over 5,000 parts).
We also use another technology to manufacture your high precision mechanical parts. It is the machining of aluminum by electro-erosion via EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining). This process allows us to ensure the machining of your prototypes and/or your parts in small and medium series.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more details about our activity or to request a quote.
AB Fonderie has an important technical mastery and a great know-how in the field of aluminium casting that it puts at the disposal of industrial companies established in Feyzin and in the Lyon region (Brignais, Brindas, Bron, Caluire-et-Cuire, Champagne-au-Mont-d'Or, Chaponnay, Chaponost, Charbonnières-les-Bains, Charly, Chassagny, Chasse-sur-Rhône, Chassieu, Chuzelles, Communay, Corbas, Craponne, Décines-Charpieu, Écully, Francheville, Genas, Givors, Grigny, Irigny, La Mulatière, Luzinay, Lyon, Marennes, Messimy, Millery, Mions, Montagny, Orliénas, Oullins, Pierre-Bénite, Saint-Bonnet-de-Mure, Saint-Fons, Saint-Genis-Laval, Saint-Genis-les-Ollières, Saint-Just-Chaleyssin, Saint-Laurent-d'Agny, Saint-Pierre-de-Chandieu, Saint-Priest Saint-Symphorien-d'Ozon, Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon, Sérézin-du-Rhône, Serpaize, Seyssuel, Simandres, Solaize, Soucieu-en-Jarrest, Taluyers, Tassin-la-Demi-Lune, Ternay, Toussieu, Vaulx-en-Velin, Vénissieux, Vernaison, Villette-de-Vienne) This is to meet their expectations in terms of prototypes, unique parts or to be made in a few dozen units, production of parts in small and medium series. AB Fonderie can assist you in the realization of all your projects for the manufacture of mechanical parts in light alloys, whatever their complexity.